Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Another Bone: A Post by Wyatt

My dad, my mom, my sister, and I wanted to take a walk on the beach. My dad, sister, and I started walking, but my mom came later. My sister didn't want to walk anymore, so she started walking back with my mom. So my dad and I started walking. I found two shells for Taylor. I washed them off then I started hurrying back to catch up with my dad. And when I got there, my dad picked up the bone and showed it to me. I asked him, "Is that another bone?" He said, "No, I think it's a piece of coral. Actually, I think it's a bone." We know it's a flipper bone of a sea lion. 

So my dad and I started walking to the pools. When we got there, the waves were really big, bigger than yesterday. My dad jumped in one of the pools, went under the cave, and started cave surfing. He said, "Come on and come cave surf with me." I jumped in and swam to my dad. Since I couldn't see over the cave, my dad told me if a wave was coming. 

When the first wave came, it was huge. There was so much water going over us, it got dark in there. We did a couple more, then started walking back to our hotel where we saw Taylor and my mom collecting shells. I gave Taylor the shells that I found, then held up the bone. My mom started laughing for some reason, then we walked back to the hotel and Taylor and I jumped in the pool. 

A close-up.

Me holding the flipper bone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And Now It's Really Over: The Last Post

Well, everyone, we've been home for nearly two weeks now. And it's kinda wild how quickly our trip is receding in the rearview mirro...