Thursday, February 24, 2022

The Third Bone: A Post by Wyatt

On Wednesday, we were at the beach again. We walked down to a place with no rocks and swam for a little bit. Sometimes my dad would body surf over to us, pick me up, then throw me into a wave. That was really fun. When we got out of the water, we started heading to the pools to see if my dad and I could cave surf. 

We could cave surf because the tide was just right. I couldn't see over the cave, so my dad told me when to duck under the cave. The waves were really big, so whenever a wave came, it got dark. We did that for about 15 minutes, then got out and started walking down the beach to rocks. 

When we got there, there was a mound of sand that was like a little island because there was a little pool surrounding it. I walked through the pool and got on the island. I found a really cool shell for Taylor. I handed it to her, then I looked down for more shells and I saw a bone wedged into a rock. So I grabbed the bone and wiggled it so it could come loose. Finally, it came out. I held it up by the middle and yelled, "A bone!"

My dad laughed and so did my mom, but my mom laughed more. On the walk home, I asked, "What kind of bone do you think this is?" My mom said, "I think it's a rib bone." 

I want to bring all these bones back to California with me.

Me holding the bone.

A close-up of the bone.


1 comment:

  1. The bones minus the flipper/fin are creepy, I agree with Taylor!! :)

    ReplyDelete

And Now It's Really Over: The Last Post

Well, everyone, we've been home for nearly two weeks now. And it's kinda wild how quickly our trip is receding in the rearview mirro...