Tuesday, February 22, 2022

A Bone and Cave Surfing: A Post by Wyatt

We are staying now in Mancora. Mancora is a beach town. Sunday. After breakfast, the hotel owner, Felix, told us there were some pools on the beach near our hotel. So we got dressed in our bathing suits and headed to the pools. My dad saw some people under rocks that made caves in the pools. So we tried it out and whenever a wave came, we ducked under the cave and saw the water go over our head. It was like we were in a barrel, and that was cave surfing. 

After that, we started walking down the beach so Taylor could get shells. Then we started heading back. After lunch, we went back to the beach for more cave surfing. My dad and I found a different spot along the beach for cave surfing. The waves were about the same but it was still really cool. Then, once again, we started walking down the beach so Taylor could collect shells. 

That's when I found my bone. My parents went to check out a hotel restaurant, then I said to Taylor, "Hey, let's play baseball." So she said back, "Okay, find a stick and a shell." So I ran back not far along the beach and found the bone. I came back and said, "Now all we need is a small shell for the ball." Then my dad came and said, "Let me see that. I think it's a bone." So I gave it to him and he examined it and he gave it back to me and said, "Yeah, that's a bone." But he doesn't know what animal bone that is. 

So we started walking back to the hotel and my dad told me, "Hey, there's going to be a swell tomorrow, so it will be really cool cave surfing. I can bring the GoPro." I said yes and for the rest of the day we just chilled.

The next day, my dad got the GoPro and we headed out for more cave surfing after breakfast. Since the waves were bigger, it was super cool. And we found a really good cave to hide under for the waves to go over.

I still have the bone and it's turning white. My sister doesn't like the bone because she thinks it's gross and creepy, but I think it's cool. 

Me holding the bone.

Close-up of the bone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And Now It's Really Over: The Last Post

Well, everyone, we've been home for nearly two weeks now. And it's kinda wild how quickly our trip is receding in the rearview mirro...